Posted: Apr 16, 2019
WHEATON, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's track and field team competed on short rest on Tuesday in the Wheaton College Don Church Invite. Tech placed 13th in the event.
- Mminika Effiong's best event was the long jump, where she scored points for Tech after a sixth-place finish with a 4.93m mark.
- In addition, she was strong in the 100m, clocking in at 13.71s for a tie for 17th place. In the 200m, Effiong placed 23rd with a time of 28.45s.
- Running hard in the 800m was Zoey Krevitz, who placed 34th with a time of 2:58.79. She also recorded a 6:11.78 time in the 1500m.
- Madalyn Urig placed 29th in the 3000m with a time of 15:11.98.
- The Scarlet Hawks will compete at the Gina Relays at Hillsdale College on April 26 and April 27.