LAKE FOREST, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's tennis team began its 2019 season by squaring off against a strong Lake Forest College team on the road. Tech dropped the match 8-1 despite showing some strong signs in both the singles and doubles portions of the day.
- After Tech was defeated by 8-3 scores in both No. 2 and No. 3 doubles, Tech's new No. 1 pairing of returnee Morgan Colbert and newcomer Hana Iverson showed a ton of promise. The duo defeated a strong LFC tandem of Julie Lord and Leeza Bodnar 8-6 for Tech's lone win of the day.
- In singles, Iverson and sophomore Kylie Hance proved to be tough matchups for the Foresters.
- Playing in the No. 2 spot, Iverson was downed by Tebasto Duba 6-4, 7-5.
- In No. 3, Hance was defeated by Bodnar 7-5, 6-4.
- The Scarlet Hawks will make the trek down Interstate 57 to take on Olivet Nazarene University on Monday for a 10:00 a.m. Labor Day match.