CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – The Illinois Tech women's swimming and diving team finished off the Liberal Arts Championships on Saturday at Coe College, holding onto third place with 415.5 total points to put a stamp on a strong 2018-19 season.
Final Team Scores
- Coe 606.5
- Loras 430
- Illinois Tech 415.5
- Minnesota Morris 344
- Nebraska Wesleyan 342
- Morningside 331
- Saint Mary 321
- Luther 298
- Simpson 204
- Mills 158
- Principia 76
Day Four Highlights
- The Scarlet Hawks owned the 200 Yard Butterfly. Megan Burrill won the event with a 2:09.36 time, a Coe College pool record. Kristin Wills clocked in with the second-place time of 2:14.51.
- Katherine Lydon won the 1650 Yard Freestyle, clocking in at 17:49.37. Claudia Flores-Berumen was also fantastic, placing fifth at 18:51.30. Delaney Shepherd (eighth, 19:15.05) and Madeline Lane (12th, 19:49.52) also scored in the event.
- Kiara Jasunas and Jamie Wurster kept up the good work in the Freestyle, placing fourth (55.23s) and sixth (56.22s) in the 100 Yard event.
- Alexandra Bajor qualified for the finals in the 200 Yard Backstroke, placing 14th with a time of 2:28.66.
- In the 200 Yard Breaststroke, Christina Hiotaky qualified for the finals and placed 14th at 2:44.58.
- Tech's 400 Yard Freestyle Relay team of Wills, Hiotaky, Burrill, and Katherine Lydon placed second at 3:39.11.