Posted: Oct 28, 2017
CHICAGO, Ill. –On Saturday, the Illinois Tech women's swimming and diving team hosted Beloit College and perennial powerhouse University of Wisconsin-Whitewater at Ecko Pool. Tech defeated Beloit 153-43, but fell to UWW 124-93.
- Katherine Lydon saw first place finishes in both the 200 Yard Freestyle (2:02.26) and the 100 Yard Freestyle (56.35s), adding to her stellar start of the season.
- Brigitte Temple swam out of her usual events, competing in 200 Yard Backstroke and touching first with a 2:20.24. Kristin Wills finished closely behind with a 2:21.81.
- Tech finished the meet strong in the 200 Yard Breaststroke with Temple finishing first (2:31.22) followed by Lydon (2:38.51). Emma Prager finished with a time of 2:41.34, while Milica Gvozdjan clocked in at 2:44.37.
- Christian Jones was strong in both the 3 Meter (129.50) and 1 Meter (167.10) Diving events.
- Next Saturday, Tech will head to Dubuque, Iowa to compete against Loras College. Saturday's meet will begin at 1:00 p.m.