ELSAH, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's swimming and diving team left Principia College on Saturday evening with its best finish at the Liberal Arts Championships since 2010. The Scarlet Hawks placed third after several strong swims.
- Brigitte Temple continued her strong weekend with a championship in the 200 Yard Breaststroke (2:23.65), which was a school, pool, and LAC meet record. Emma Prager (sixth place, 2:28.90), Grace Wischmeyer (13th place, 2:41.93), and Milica Gvozdjan (15th place, 2:42.71) also reached the finals in the event.
- Briana Tyler placed second in the 200 Yard Butterfly (2:15.75). Kristin Wills was right behind her in third place (2:17.13).
- Katherine Lydon placed third in the 1650 Yard Freestyle with a school record time of 17:45.01. During her swim, she also set a new school record for the 1000 Yard Freestyle (10:40.42). Delaney Shepherd placed 11th (19:00.92), while Madeline Lane placed 13th (19:34.30).
- Jasmine Duke, Wills, Tyler, and Lydon placed third in the 400 Yard Freestyle Relay with a time of 3:42.40. This swim solidified an overall third-place finish for Illinois Tech at the meet.
- In the 100 Yard Freestyle, Duke placed seventh with a time of 55.58s.
- Haley Slator reached the finals in the 200 Yard Backstroke, placing 14th (2:22.21)
Final Team Scores
- Franklin, 635
- Luther 540
- Illinois Tech 461.5
- Coe 416
- Minnesota-Morris 361
- Loras 321
- Morningside 297
- Simpson 191
- Mills 177
- Nebraska Wesleyan 157.5
- Principia 85