FRANKLIN, Ind.- The Illinois Institute of Technology women's swimming and diving team opened the season on Saturday at Franklin College. Tech put on a strong performance, falling to Franklin but defeating Illinois College.
- Scores: Tech defeats Illinois College 172-46, Franklin defeats Tech 144.5-88.5, Franklin defeats IC 173-28.
- The Scarlet Hawks won every event against Illinois College except the 1000 Freestyle and the 400 Freestyle Relay.
- Illinois Tech defeated Franklin in the 200 Yard Medley Relay, the 100 Yard Butterfly, and 1 Meter Diving.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- The 200 Yard Medley Relay team of Kristin Wills, Briana Tyler, Brigitte Temple, and Jasmine Duke narrowly outlasted Franklin, winning with a time of 1:56.56 compared to Franklin's 1:56.65. Duke's 25.74 time on the last leg helped the Scarlet Hawks hang on for the win.
- Tyler won the 100 Yard Butterfly by almost a full two seconds, recording a time of 1:05.82.
- Paige Mass took home the 1 Meter Diving win with a score of 160.30.
- Kristin Wills finished just 19 tenths of a second behind the leader in the 200 Yard Individual Medley, recording a time of 2:21.79.
- In the 100 Yard Breaststroke, Temple finshed second with a time of 1:11.56, just behind Franklin's Kaitlin Mans (1:11.39).
- Duke placed second in the 50 Yard Freestyle with a 26.51 time.
- The Scarlet Hawks host the home opener against Beloit College on Halloween at Ekco Pool in the Keating Sports Center. The meet is scheduled to begin at 1:00pm CST.