Chicago, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's soccer team took one step closer to securing a home playoff game as they took care of business Saturday afternoon against Alverno. The Hawks (11-6-2, 8-2-2 NACC) jumped all over the Inferno (4-13-0, 0-10-0 NACC) with a decisive 16-0 victory.
How It Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks got on the board just 42 seconds into the game when leading goal scorer Jamie Griggs took the assists from Anna Delseith to break the deadlock. This was the first of Griggs 4 goals on the day
- Kenna Flores found the back of the net just over a minute later off the Taliana helper.
- Griggs finished off two straight for the hawks before Adrijana Sajic score her first of 3 on the afternoon to take a commanding 5-0 lead just under 14 minutes into the game.
- Griggs scored her 4th and final goal just before the 20 minute mark of the game.
- Samantha Harkness got into the action 5 minutes later off the assist from Julia Honda.
- Sajic scored her second of the game just over a minute later of the Caeli Kennedy assist to push the lead to 9.
- Cossette Thompson scored with over a minute left in the first half off the Elena Esparcia Cañada assist to close out the first half 10-0
- The second half started with Anna Delseith finishing off the Julia Honda assist in the 53rd minute.
- Sajic got the hat trick completed in the 62nd minute off the assist from Madison Harris to extend the lead to 12.
- Savanna Gonzalez was the next Hawk on the board off the Madison Harris assist
- Maison Harris flipped the script from distributer to scorer when she expanded the lead to 13-0 just before the 70 minute mark.
- Jacklyn McAnnich got herself on the score sheet with a goal in the 76th minute off the Call Kennedy helper
- Julia Taliana finished off the scoring on the Sydney Silver assist close the game out 16-0
Inside the Box Score
- The Hawks dominated in all aspects of the afternoon outshooting the Inferno 40-0 and holding an 11-0 corner kick advantage
- The Hawks posted their 6th shutout in the last calendar month. Cheryl Gardner and Catherine Klemp both pitched in a half of shutout play on the afternoon
- The Hawks head to Marian University to close out the regular season Wednesday evening at 7:00pm.