Posted: Oct 19, 2019
Mequon, Wis. - The Scarlet Hawks earned a huge conference victory in Mequon over the Falcons. Illinois Tech (9-5-2, 6-1-2 NACC) won a high scoring affair over Concordia Wisconsin (12-4-0, 7-2-0 NACC) 3-2.
How It Happened
- The Falcons got on the board first with a goal in the 15th minute.
- The ensuing 25 minutes would put Jamie Griggs on center stage as the leading scorer scored twice to put the hawks back on top with 6:30 left in the first half.
- A quick response got Concrida back even just 4 minutes before half time.
- Shortly after the break, Julia Taliana was able to capitalize on a one timer off the assist from Nicole Fajardo.
- Catherine Klemp and the Hawks defense held strong facing 9 shots in the second half but hanging strong to keep Concordia from finding the equalizer.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Julia Taliana picked a timely spot to get her first goal of the season with the game winner early in the second half.
- Griggs once again chipped in with a multi-goal game to continue to set the pace as the leading goal scorer for the Hawks
- Anna Delseith and Emily Dashiell provided the helpers on the Griggs goals.
- Another strong effort by the Hawk backline, anchored by goalkeeper Catherine Klemp who came up with 6 saves on the afternoon, held Concordia scoreless in the second half to preserve the win.
- The Scarlet Hawks return home to Stuart Field Wednesday night as they host Lakeland College. Kick off is slated for 7:00pm.