Sep 02, 2018
CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team tied with Whitman College, 1-1, at Stuart Field, Sunday afternoon.
How It Happened
- Katie Hoefgen scored her third goal of the season in the seventh minute of the match after her first shot attempt was blocked and she rebounded to knock it in.
- Whitman College tied the match as Renee van Bergeijk had the equalizer in the 76th minute.
- Illinois Tech had a few more chances to score but unable to capitalize.
- Catherine Klemp also had a huge save for Illinois Tech in the 88th minute as Whitman's Chloe Young had a near goal.
- Allie Seracuse recorded two saves for Whitman including a huge save in the 89th minute as Katie Hoefgen had a header attempt that almost trickled in.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Catherine Klemp came in the match in the second half and recorded four saves.
- Katie Hoefgen continued her hot start to the season, adding her third goal of the season for the Scarlet Hawks. Hoefgen also had six shots.
- Jaime Griggs had three shots with one being on goal.
- Caitlin Kenoian did well in her first career start at Illinois Tech, not allowing a goal in the first half.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Saturday, Sept. 8 as the Scarlet Hawks take on Lake Forest College with match time scheduled for 5:00 p.m. (CT).