RIVER FALLS, Wis. – The Illinois Tech women's lacrosse team played a non-conference match on Saturday at UW-River Falls. Due to a sluggish second half, the Scarlet Hawks (9-4) fell to the hosts 14-7 despite Scoles scoring her 100th career goal.
How it Happened
- After an early River Falls goal, Madison Meredith scored Tech's first two tallies. Alyssa DeLuca assisted on her second goal, which came at the 25:32 mark.
- The hosts seven the scored at the 19:56 mark before DeLuca scored the first of her four goals of the morning with 7:13 left. However, UW-River Falls scored just seven seconds after DeLuca, making it a 3-3 halftime score.
- The first seven minutes of the second half were the deciding factor, with UW-River falls opening up a 5-0 run. After Scoles scored #100 on a man-up goal with 18:36 left, the hosts scored four more times in a row to go up 12-4.
- Scoring two of Tech's last three tallies was Meredith, but UW-River falls scored twice in that span as well.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Meredith led the team with four goals.
- DeLuca had two goals, two assists, four ground balls, and four draw controls.
- Scoles had one goal and five draw controls.
- On Wednesday night, the Scarlet Hawks will play at Loras College at Midwest Women's Lacrosse Conference play resumes. The match is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.