Posted: Dec 12, 2017
CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's basketball team played host to the Carroll University Pioneers on Tuesday evening. Tech fell 86-39 to the CCIW school.
How it Happened
- Carroll opened up a 22-9 lead in the first quarter behind some solid defense, holding Tech to a 28.6% field goal percentage while shooting 50.0% themselves.
- In the second quarter, Carroll's Rachel Van Sulys gave the team a spark off the bench. She scored nine points in just four minutes, helping extend the Pioneer advantage to 26 at halftime.
- Tech had its best offensive quarter in the third. Shannon O'Donnell got to the rim at will, scoring seven points and pulling down three rebounds.
- The offense struggled for Tech over the last 10 minutes, managing just four points as Carroll pulled away.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- O'Donnell led the team with 13 points to go along with four rebounds and a team-high five assists.
- Rochea Morley played well, tallying 10 points, two rebounds, and two steals.
- Hailey Borowczyk had seven points and four rebounds off the bench.
- Erin Nelson led Tech with seven boards.
- Tech will host Aurora University on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.