CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's basketball hosted 25th-ranked Wheaton College on Wednesday night in the Keating Sports Center. The Scarlet Hawks fought hard throughout, but were defeated by the Thunder 84-35.
How It Happened
- The Thunder came storming out of the gates and made several trips to the free throw line, going a perfect 7-of-7 as they built a 21-5 lead to end the first quarter.
- Tech fought back in the second quarter, led by Madison Davis going 2-of-3 from 3-point range. The Thunder outscored the Hawks by only seven in the second as they led 59-26 at halftime.
- Wheaton came out strong to start the second half and pushed the ball down the court to get easy baskets on the fast break. Erin Efimoff kept grinding all game and had five points, one rebound, and one block in the final quarter.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Kaylee Wicka led the team with 12 points and tied a team-high in steals with three.
- Efimoff went an effective 6-of-7 from the charity stripe, scoring 10 points in the game.
- Venika Jarvis had a team-high nine rebounds.
- Tech plays again on Tuesday, January 31, as they take on Maranatha Baptist in Watertown, Wis. Tip-off is set for 5:00 p.m.