Posted: Jan 22, 2017
ALMA, Mich. - The Illinois Tech women's basketball team traveled to Michigan on Sunday to oppose Alma College. Tech was defeated 76-37.
How it Happened
- The first quarter was tightly contested, as the Scarlet Hawks trailed 8-7 after the first. Alma shot just 12.5% (3-for-24) in the quarter.
- The second and third quarters were strong for Alma, as the hosts scored 53 points over the 20 minutes.
- In the fourth quarter, Tech's offense found a groove. The Scarlet Hawks scored 18 points, six of which came courtsey of Kaylee Wicka.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Wicka led the Scarlet Hawks with 11 points and six rebounds. She also tallied two blocks.
- Madison Davis was also in double-digits with 10 points.
- Erin Efimoff netted seven points to go along with four rebounds and two blocks.
- Tech hosts Wheaton College on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be provided. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.