Posted: Dec 14, 2016
MILWAUKEE, Wis. - The Illinois Tech women's basketball team trekked north to Milwaukee on Wednesday night to oppose Milwaukee School of Engineering. Tech fell 79-19.
How it Happened
- A slow offensive start doomed the Hawks, shooting 2-of-15 from the floor in the first quarter and allowing the Raiders to build a substantial lead. The shooting woes continued for Tech in the second, as MSOE lead 32-5 at intermission.
- Tech was able to get a stronger offensive output in the second half, which included six fourth-quarter points from Kaylee Wicka. However, MSOE's offense found another gear and increased the advantage as the contest moved along.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Wicka led the way with 11 points, six rebounds, and two steals.
- Madison Davis also chipped in on the boards with five. Both Raiven Johnson and Davis also added two steals each.
- Tech will play host to North Park University on Saturday, December 17 at 2:00 p.m. in the Keating Sports Center. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.