CHICAGO, Ill. - On Senior Day, the Illinois Tech men's tennis team made sure to send the upperclassmen out in style. The Scarlet Hawks (15-9, 9-0 NACC) defeated Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) foe Aurora by a 9-0 score, securing sole possession of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference regular season title.
- Tech was dominant in doubles, winning 24 of 27 games to go ahead 3-0.
- Abhishek Rana and Andrew Wolman were the most dominant, winning 8-0 in No. 3.
- In singles, Tech won all six matches, with Davis Housman (No. 2) and Woltman (No. 5) dropping only one game to their opponents.
- Franklin Zhong (No. 1) and Adam Laitinen (No. 3) were also impressive, winning 6-1, 6-1.
- The Scarlet Hawks will wait patiently, as the team has earned the top seed in the NACC Tournament and a bye. Depending on results from Monday, April 29, the Scarlet Hawks will oppose either fourth-seeded Edgewood, fifth-seeded Aurora, or sixth-seeded Dominican in the semifinals of the NACC Tournament on Sunday, May 5 at 9:00 a.m. at Nielsen Tennis Stadium in Madison, Wisconsin.