CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – The Illinois Tech men's swimming and diving team wrapped up day three of the Liberal Arts Championships on Friday at Coe College. The Scarlet Hawks hold strong in second place with 369 total points.
Team Scores after Day Three
- Nebraska Wesleyan 463
- Illinois Tech 369
- Coe 333
- Morningside 303
- Luther 286
- Loras 221
- Principia 115
- Simpson 109
Day Three Highlights
- A total of four swimmers for Tech qualified for the 200 Yard Freestyle finals, tied for the most of any team at the meet. Julian Escasa won the event with a time of 1:43.97. Miles Thompson (11th, 1:48.39), Jake McMahon (14th, 1:52.33), and Patrick McInerney (15th, 1:52.49) all scored for the Scarlet Hawks.
- After a great day two, Seth Wissenbach was outstanding on Friday. He placed second in the 400 Yard Individual Medley with a time of 4:12.98. Peyton Goetschel (ninth, 4:28.39) and RJ Schroeders (12th, 4:39.99) also placed in the event.
- The Scarlet Hawks had two top-six finishers in the 100 Yard Butterfly: Tyler Van Wagener (fourth, 52.05s) and Ryan Escasa (sixth, 53.42s). Mitchell Lucky (16th, 56.79s) was also a point-scorer.
- Matthew Randle upheld his reputation as one of the best at the backstroke in the conference, placing fourth in the 100 Yard event at 52.75s. John Wolniak also scored for Tech, coming in 10th place with a 56.57 mark.
- Samuel Kalenowski was strong in the 100 Yard Breaststroke, placing fifth with a time of 1:00.32.
- Randle, Kalenowski, Ryan Escasa, and McInerney closed out the meet with a strong 200 yard Medley Relay, placing fourth with a time of 1:39.11.
- Tomorrow's events in for the fourth and final day of the LAC Championships include the 200 Backstroke, 100 Freestyle, 200 Breaststroke, 200 Butterfly, 400 Freestyle Relay, and 1650 Freestyle. Coe will provide both live results and a live video stream.