ELSAH, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's swimming and diving team competed in the second day of the Liberal Arts Championships on Thursday at Principia College. Behind some strong individual and relay swims, Tech ended the evening in third place out of nine teams.
- Karsen Diepholz placed first in the 500 Yard Freestyle with a pool record time of 4:36.55 (just 1.55 second off a conference meet and school record). Miles Thompson (seventh place, 4:51.55), Zachary Bonson (eighth place, 4:54.07 final), and Luke Workman (12th place, 4:55.40 final) followed him in the same event.
- Brendan Howley qualified for the 50 Yard Freestyle finals and finished in third place (21.24s)
- The 400 Yard Medley Relay team of Ryan Lakner, Howley, Julian Escasa, and Diepholz placed fourth at 3:29.15.
- The 200 Yard Freestyle Relay of Escasa, David Polzin, Workman, and Howley placed fifth with a time of 1:27.20.
- Jay Korhonen qualified for the finals in the 200 Yard Individual Medley, placing seventh in the final round at 1:58.46.
- The third day of the LAC Championships will take place on Friday with the 200 Yard Medley Relay, 400 Yard Individual Medley, 100 Yard Butterfly, 200 Yard Freestyle, 100 Yard Breaststroke, 100 Yard Backstroke, and 800 Yard Freestyle Relay events.