ELSAH, Ill.- Day three of the Liberal Arts Championships took place on Friday at Principia College in Elsah, Illinois. The Illinois Institute of Technology men's swimming and diving team currently sits in fourth place with 303 points, just behind second-place Nebraska Wesleyan (361) and third-place Luther (344).
- Tech's 200 Yard Medley Relay team of Michael Milici, Jay Korhonen, Tanner Grieve, and David Polzin placed seventh with a time of 1:41.28.
- Korhonen and Milici each were strong in the next event: the 400 Yard Individual Medley. Korhonen placed second at 4:09.46, while Milici placed third with a time of 4:09.72.
- Julian Escasa and Grieve each qualified for the finals in the 100 Yard Butterfly, placing fourth (51.80s) and eighth (53.58s) respectively.
- Luke Workman and Kevin Boldt led the way for Tech in the 200 Yard Freestyle. Workman placed fourth at 1:46.32, while Boldt finished in seventh place at 1:47.61.
- Joseph Valio placed 11th in the 100 Yard Backstroke with a time of 56.50s.
- The 800 Yard Freestyle Relay team of Korhonen, Workman, Boldt, and Escasa were very strong, placing third with a time of 7:05.33.
- The Championships wrap up on Saturday, as Tech will have participants in the 200 Yard Backstroke, 100 Yard Freestyle, 200 Yard Breaststroke, 200 Yard Butterfly, 1650 Yard Freestyle, and 400 Yard Freestyle Relay.