ELSAH, Ill. – The Illinois Institute of Technology men's swimming and diving team competed in day two of the Liberal Arts Championships on Thursday night. The team currently sits in second place out if ten teams with a score of 145.
- Tech's 200 Yard Freestyle Relay team started the day strong, as Tanner Grieve, Matt Schindler, David Polzin, and Julian Escasa placed third with a time of 1:27.19, improving by more than a second from the preliminary times.
- Luke Workman led the way in the 500 Yard Freestyle, placing eighth with a time of 4:52.51. Kevin Boldt (ninth, 4:50.10) and Joseph Valio (13th, 5:00.73) also placed in Top 15.
- In the 200 Yard Individual Medley, Jay Korhonen (fifth, 1:57.68) and Michael Milici (sixth, 1:57.90).
- Escasa continued his strong freshman season with a sixth place finish in the 50 Yard Freestyle (22.11s). Grieve (10th, 22.37s) also put together a strong 50.
- In the 400 Yard Medley Relay, Milici, Korhonen, Grieve, and Escasa placed fifth at 3:37.51.
- The 200 Yard Medley Relay, 400 Yard Individual Medley, 100 Yard Butterfly, 200 Yard Freestyle, 100 Yard Breaststroke, 100 Yard Backstroke, and 800 Yard Freestyle Relay will all take place tomorrow. Preliminaries begin at 10:00 a.m.