WHEATON, Ill. – The Illinois Institute of Technology men's swimming and diving team played its tightest meet of the season on Saturday at Wheaton College. In a meet where just five points separated the top three teams, Tech finished third with a total of 147.
- Augustana (152)
- Wheaton (151)
- Illinois Tech (147)
- North Central (21)
- Julian Escasa continued his sensational freshman season with another victory in the 100 Yard Butterfly, winning by nearly two full seconds (53.81s).
- Tristan Busch and Max Keating were strong in the 1000 Yard Freestyle, placing first and second at 10:57.24 and 11:22.32.
- Jay Korhonen put together a strong meet, placing first in the 200 Yard Breaststroke (2:17.44) and second in the 200 Yard Butterfly (2:01.95).
- Luke Workman had one of his strongest events of the year in the 500 Yard Freestyle, placing second at 5:06.39.
- David Polzin won the 1 meter diving portion of the meet with a score of 301.15.
- The Illinois Tech swimming and diving teams have now concluded the regular season. Next up for the Scarlet Hawks is the Liberal Arts Championships, which will take place from February 11-13 at Principia College in Elsah, Ill.