Jan 16, 2016
CHICAGO, Ill- The Illinois Institute of Technology men's swimming and diving team hosted Lawrence University in a dual on Saturday afternoon, putting together a dominant performance. Tech won 157-40.
- Kevin Boldt took home two wins for the Scarlet Hawks, placing first in both the 500 Yard Freestyle (5:07.92) and 200 Yard Freestyle (1:53.01).
- Tech's relay teams won both relay events on the afternoon. The 200 Yard Medley Relay team of Julian Escasa, Jay Korhonen, Tanner Grieve, and Luke Workman won by more than five seconds at 1:44.13. Tech's 200 Yard Freestyle Relay group of Escasa, Michael Milici, Matt Schindler, and Grieve won with a time of 1:31.53.
- Korhonen took the Men's 200 Yard Individual Medley title at 2:04.08.
- In the 200 Yard Butterfly, Workman placed first with a time of 2:05.12.
- Escasa won the 100 Yard Freestyle by over two seconds at 49.60s.
- Milici was strong in the 200 Yard Backstroke, winning with a time of 2:03.11.
- Jason Voelker won the 200 Yard Breaststroke at 2:29.44.
- David Polzin put together one of his strongest diving competitions of the season, posting a 173.50 score in the six-dive event.
- Grant Kitahata won the 1650 Yard Freestyle at 18:50.29.
- The Scarlet Hawks host its final home meet of the season next Saturday on Senior Day. Tech will oppose Carroll University at 1:00 p.m. in the Keating Sports Center. A live video stream of the meet will be available at http://www.illinoistechathletics.com/boxscast.