Dec 05, 2015
CHICAGO, Ill.- The Illinois Institute of Technology Men's Swimming and Diving teamhosted the five-team Ted Erikson Invite on Saturday. Illinois Tech placed first in the meet.
- Illinois Tech - 282
- Lincoln College - 151
- Manchester University - 104
- North Central College - 11
- Eureka College - 0
- Tech's first victory came in the 200 Yard Freestyle, as the Scarlet Hawks placed the top four finishers in the event. Julian Escasa led the way with a time a 1:51.20.
- In the 100 Yard Breaststroke, Michael Milici took first and nine points with a time of 1:05.53.
- That wouldn't be Milici's last win, as he later took the 200 Yard Baskstroke with a 2:05.21 time.
- Jay Korhonen earned a win in the 500 Yard Freestyle with a time of 5:08.34.
- Escasa won another event as well, winning the 200 Yard Individual Medley late in the meet with a time of 2:05.15.
- In the last swimming event of the day, the 200 Yard Freestyle Relay team of Tanner Grieve, Connor McGuire, Matt Schindler, and Escasa took first and 18 points with a time of 1:32.60.
- David Polzin took the second diving portion of the meet with a 157.55 score.
- The Scarlet Hawks break until January. Tech will host Lawrence University in the Keating Sports Center on Saturday, January 16 at 1:00 p.m. CT. Live video will be available at http://www.illinoistechathletics.com/boxscast.