CHICAGO, Ill.- The Illinois Institute of Technology men's swimming and diving team put together a strong end to the weekend at the University of Chicago Phoenix Invite. Tech earned a second place finish for the three-day meet.
- Chicago (1,168)
- Illinois Tech (423)
- Lake Forest (391.5)
- Lincoln College (298)
- Wheaton (252)
- Iowa Lakes CC (174.5)
- North Central (141)
- Colorado College (120)
- Tech really stood out in the 400 Yard Individual Medley, taking the second and third place spots in the event. Jay Korhonen placed second (17 points, 4:09.83), while Michael Milici placed third (16 points, 4:16.08).
- The Scarlet Hawks also were very strong in the 50 Yard Freestyle, placing four swimmers. Julian Escasa placed fifth (22.04s, 14 points), Matt Schindler finished in 11th (22.63s, six points), Tanner Grieve placed 13th (23.04s, four points), and David Polzin came in 14th (23.17s, three points).
- Tech's 400 Yard Freestyle Relay team of Grieve, Milici, Korhonen, and Escasa was also strong, placing third and earning 34 points (3:17.68).
- Kevin Boldt earned five points in the 200 Yard Freestyle with a 12th place finish (1:50.10).
- Three athletes earned points for Tech in the 100 Yard Butterfly: Escasa (sixth, 52.71s, 13 points), Grieve (11th, 54.96s, six points), and Schindler (14th, 55.75s, three points).
- Both Jason Voelker (11th place, 2:27.93, six points) and Louis German (12th place, 2:32.43, five points) earned points in the 200 Yard Breaststroke.
- Joseph Valio placed 12th and earned five points in the 100 Yard Backstroke (58.41s).
- Tech is off from competition Thanksgiving weekend before hosting the Ted Erikson Invite on Saturday, December 5. Start time is set for 1:00 p.m.