CHICAGO, Ill.- Through two days at University of Chicago's Phoenix Fall Classic, Illinois Institute of Technology's men's swimming and diving team is having a strong meet. The Scarlet Hawks held second place on Saturday.
- 1. Chicago (629)
- 2. Illinois Tech (284)
- 3. Wheaton College (235)
- 4. Lincoln College (177)
- 5. Lake Forest College (169.5)
- 6. Iowa Lakes CC (111.5)
- 7. North Central College (106)
- 8. Colorado College (64)
- Illinois Tech's 200 Yard Medley Relay team began the day with a 10th place finish, as Julian Escasa, Moses Yao, Tanner Grieve, and Connor McGuire combined for a time of 1:42.34 (26 points).
- Jay Korhonen (fifth place, 1:59.47, 14 points) and Michael Milici (ninth place, 2:01.06, nine points) were strong in the 200 Yard Individual Medley.
- Four Tech athletes earned points in the 500 Yard Freestyle: Kevin Boldt (4:58.55, 14 points), Joseph Valio (5:11.46, six points), Tristan Busch (5:17.89, three points), and Grant Kitahata (5:24.26, one point).
- Yao (10th place, 1:03.94, seven points) and David Polzin (16th place, 1:07.56, one point) qualified for the finals in the 100 Yard Breaststroke.
- Milici and Valio also performed well in the 200 Yard Backstroke. Milici placed eighth and earned 11 points at 2:00.80, while Valio placed 16th and earned one point with a time of 2:09.68.
- Escasa placed fourth in the 100 Yard Freestyle, earning 15 points and finishing just over three seconds behind the winner at 48.01s. McGuire placed 13th and earned four points at 51.23s in the same event.
- Korhonen (fifth place, 2:00.12, 14 points), Grieve (seventh place, 2:04.84, 12 points), Matt Schindler (15th place, 2:12.72, two points), and Matthew Williams (16th place, 2:13.91, one point) all placed in the 200 Yard Butterfly.
- The 800 Yard Freestyle Relay team of Escasa, Boldt, Milici, and Korhonen closed the day out with 34 points and a fourth place finish (7:22.48).
Meet Wraps up Tomorrow
- The Fall Classic at Chicago will conclude tomorrow. Events are set to begin at 10:00 a.m.