FRANKLIN, Ind.- The Illinois Institute of Technology Scarlet Hawks opened the season against some tough competition, swimming at Franklin College against last season's Liberal Arts Conference Champions as well as Illinois College. Tech defeated the Blueboys, but fell to the Grizzlies.
- Scores: Illinois Tech defats Illinois College 157-63, Franklin defeats Illinois Tech 167-69, Franklin defeats IC 177-53.
- Tech won every event over Illinois College except the 100 Meter Freestyle and 1 Meter Diving.
- The Scarlet Hawks defeated Franklin in the 50 Yard Freestyle and 100 Yard Breaststroke.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Both Julian Escasa and Jay Korhonen won events. Escasa earned the 50 Yard Freestyle victory with a 22.74 time, while Korhonen's 100 Yard Breaststroke mark of 1:03.88 topped all swimmers.
- The 200 Yard Individual Medley proved to be a strong event for the Scarlet Hawks, as Korhonen (2:02.47) and Michael Milici (2:07.13) placed second and third respectively.
- Tanner Grieve was strong in the 100 Yard Butterfly (56.60), finishing just a second behind the leader.
- Escasa and Milici also were strong in the 100 Yard Backstroke, placing second (56.39- Escasa) and third (58.22- Milici).
- The 400 Yard Freestyle Relay team of Grieve, Luke Workman, Connor McGuire, and Kevin Boldt placed second with a time of 3:28.81.
- The Scarlet Hawks host the home opener against Beloit College on Halloween at Ekco Pool in the Keating Sports Center. The meet is scheduled to begin at 1:00pm CST.