Chicago, Ill. - The Scarlet Hawk men's soccer team honored their seniors with the ultimate gift, a NACC victory over the Regents of Rockford University. Tech (7-10-1, 3-6-1 NACC) powered past Rockford (6-12-1, 3-7-0) with a 5-0 victory.
How It Happened
- Peter Fouchet put the Hawks in front just over 7 minutes into the game off an assist from Conner Shaw.
- 5 minutes later Michael Kaczowka doubled the Hawks lead with an unassisted effort
- After a Rockford goal, Fouchet and Shaw connected again to put Tech up 3-1 with just over 5 minutes left in the first half.
- Senior Zach Whritenour got the first of his 2 goals on the afternoon with an unassisted effort in the 53rd minute and follow id up with his second off the assist from Christopher Reed.
- Alex Kern notched the victory saving 1 of the 2 shots he faced on the afternoon.
Inside the Box Score
- Tech held a massive edge in shooting at 23-9 while holding the Regents to just one shot in the second half
- Kaczowka becomes the first Hawk in their short Division III existence to get to double digit goals in a season
- The Hawks wrap up their regular season Wednesday night as they host NACC opponent Marian at 7:00pm at Stuart Field