AURORA, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's soccer team played Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) foe Aurora University on the road Wednesday night. Tech (3-7, 0-3 NACC) fell to the Spartans (5-3, 3-0 NACC) by a score of 3-1.
How it Happened
- Aurora began the scoring, as Justin Rutherford scored off of a double assist in the eighth minute.
- Despite being outshot 12-2 in the first half, the Scarlet Hawks were able to keep the deficit at 1-0 heading into halftime.
- Michael Kaczowka evened up the score shortly after the break. In the 53rd minute, he scored from 10 yards out into the left corner of the net.
- Salvador Garcia gave the lead back to Aurora in the 68th minute with an unassisted goal of his own.
- An insurance goal was added in the 79th minute by the Spartans, with Rutherford scoring for the second time.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Michael Kaczowka led Tech with three shots, two shots on goal, and an assist.
- Peter Fouchet attempted two shots.
- The Scarlet Hawks play host to NACC foe Milwaukee School of Engineering on Saturday evening at 6:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.