Sep 07, 2019
CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's soccer (1-1) team played host to UW-Whitewater on Saturday night for a non-conference matchup. After a late goal from the Warhawks, Tech was defeated 2-1.
How it Happened
- The visitors were on the board first with Hozai Ceballos scoring an unassisted goal in the 10th minute.
- Fifteen minutes later, freshman Michael Kaczowka continued his hot start to the season with his fourth goal, giving us a one-all score at halftime.
- Offense tilted Whitewater's way in the second half. With 11 total shot attempts, the Warhawks were able to get one past the keeper in the 81st minute as Ceballos found Andres Villarreal on a corner kick.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Despite earning a loss, Alex Kern saved 10 shots in net to keep the Hawks in the contest.
- Zach Whritenour and Conner Shaw led the team with three shots and two on goal.
- Kaczowka scored on his only shot attempt.
- Tech will host Greenville College on Monday night at 6:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.