Posted: Oct 24, 2018
RIVER FOREST, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's soccer team's season came to an end as the Scarlet Hawks dropped their match to Dominican, 4-0, at West Campus Field Wednesday.
How It Happened
- Denis Soldo got Dominican on the board after his low shot went left post in the 23rd minute to give the Stars the 1-0 advantage.
- Josh Prindle scored his fourth goal of the season off the far post in the 30th minute to expand the lead to 2-0.
- Almost two minutes later, Jonathan Hernandez added his seventh goal of the season as he had a breakaway score.
- Illinois Tech was only able to get one shot on goal in the first half but it was saved by Dominican goalkeeper Daniel Dominquez.
- Denis Soldo picked up his second goal of the match in the 78th minute to make it 4-0 Stars and that score would hold up.
- The Scarlet Hawks had two more chances in the second half with shots on goal but Dominquez was there for the save each time.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Anastasios Manolis in his last match as a Scarlet Hawk, despite allowing four goals, picked up a game-high eight saves.
- Oluwaseun Ogunsanya led Illinois Tech with four shots and one of them was on goal.
- Santiago Bartolome also in his last match at Illinois Tech, recorded two shots and one was on goal.
- Conner Shaw also had two shots and one was on goal.
Season in Review