Oct 25, 2016
LAKE FOREST, Ill. - The Illinois Tech men's soccer team traveled up I-90/94 to Lake Forest College on Tuesday. The Scarlet Hawks fell 6-2.
How it Happened
- Lake Forest dominated the first half, scoring in the fifth, eighth, and 28th minutes to lead 3-0 at half.
- After Forester tallies in the 49th and 53rd minutes, Zach Whritenour recorded the first of his two assists in the 58th minute. Quentin Dreilich scored Tech's first goal of the match.
- Just four minutes later, Whritenour found Noah Griffith for Tech's second goal.
- Lake Forest added a late tally to bring the match to its 6-2 final
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Griffith and Dreilich each scored for Tech on three shots.
- Whritenour added two assists.
- Idris Ayantoye and Peter Fouchet attempted two shots.
Stats to Know
- Lake Forest outshot Tech 21-13
- Tech's only two shots on net went for goals.
- Lake Forest had the match's only yellow card.
- The Scarlet Hawks will wrap up the 2016 season with the second part of its Chicago Cup Series at Moody Bible. Match time is set for 2:00 p.m. Tech won the first half of the series against the Archers 3-0.