CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's soccer team played host to Moody Bible Institute on Thursday night in part one of the Chicago Cup Series. In the team's final home match of the season, the Scarlet Hawks defeated the Archers 3-0.
How it Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks struck first. In the 38th minute, Brandon Bortei-Doku scored after a Diego Gutierrez Coronel corner kick deflected off of a few Archers. The header goal put Tech up 1-0.
- The Scarlet Hawks outshot the Archers 10-5 in the first half, but led just 1-0 at half.
- An offensive onslaught started the second half, as the Hawks tallied four shots on goal in the first five minutes. One of those resulted in a goal, as a Gutierrez Coronel pass was lifted perfectly in front of the net for a Quentin Dreilich goal.
- Bartolome added insurance in the 84th minute, scoring from 25 yards out.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Bortei-Doku scored and tallied two shots.
- Dreilich attempted three shots and scored.
- Gutierrez Coronel tallied the match's only assist and attempted five shots.
- Bartolome led tech in shots with seven and scored a goal.
Stats to Know
- Shots were in Tech's favor 29-12.
- Shots on Goal were also to the advantage of Tech 12-4.
- Corners were in favor of Moody 6-5.
- The Chicago Cup Series will resume at Moody Bible on Saturday, October 29. Moody will have to defeat the Scarlet hawks by four goals for Tech to lose control of the series.
- The Scarlet Hawks will travel to Lake Forest College on Tuesday to take on the Foresters at 4:00 p.m.