Sep 30, 2016
CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech men's soccer team hosted Andrews University on Friday afternoon. Behind an impressive offensive display and a dominant second half, Tech coasted to a 6-0 win.
How it Happened
- While Tech outshot the Cardinals 15-4 in the first half, the Scarlet Hawks led just 1-0 at halftime. That goal came from Noah Griffith, who scored off of a great pass from Norikazu Honda in the 36th minute.
- Griffith got things going for the Scarlet Hawks in the second half, scoring two early goals to record the team's first individual hat trick of the season. He scored off passes from Liam Sampson (57th minute) and Oluwaseun Ogunsanya (61st minute) to put Tech up 3-0.
- The scoring was not complete, as Tech continued to flex its muscles on offense. In the 76th minute, Honda scored off of a pass from Michael Podsiadly to extend the lead to 4-0.
- Tech would score twice more before the match was complete. Quentin Dreilich scored an unassisted goal in the 82nd minute before Mark Dhom used some nice footwork to score his first collegiate goal in the 86th minute.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Griffith finished with 13 shots, seven shots on goal, and his hat trick.
- Honda scored once, added an assist, and attempted seven shots.
- Dreilich and Dhom each scored.
- Anastasios Manolis recorded the shutout and his fourth win of the season, tallying two saves.
Stats to Know
- Tech attempted a season high in shots with 38, outshooting the Cardinals 38-6.
- The Scarlet Hawks took 15 shots on goal compared to two for Andrews.
- Tech won the corner kick count 11-2.
- The Scarlet Hawks will host Maranatha Baptist on Tuesday, October 4 at 5:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be provided by Illinois Media School.