Posted: Feb 10, 2018
CHICAGO, Ill. – Illinois Tech men's basketball travelled locally to take on the Moody Bible Archers on Saturday, winning handily by a final score of 69-51.
How it Happened
- Tech started fast and jumped out to an early lead behind the efforts of Jake Digiorgio—who had six points within the first five minutes. The Scarlet Hawks were stingy defensively, allowing only eight points in the first ten minutes of play. The lead climbed up to 22 points as Digiorgio finished the first half with 12 total points and six rebounds plus Max Hisatake—who had seven points and 12 rebounds in the first period—and Tech led 37-19 at halftime.
- Jake Bruns started the second half strong from the field, going 4-6 from the field and scoring nine points within the first eight minutes of play. Bruns finished with 12 in the second half and the Scarlet Hawks bench closed out the game with strong minutes and 24 total points for the game. The lead hovered around 20 for the Hawks and never dipped below 18, which is where it remained at the end of regulation, as Tech ran away with a 69-51 win.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Digiorgio finished with 14 points and seven rebounds and a steal
- Hisatake had a strong day with a double-double, scoring 12 points and 17 rebounds plus three assists, two steals and four blocks
- Bruns scored 15 points and grabbed a couple rebounds with an assist
- Parker Joncus scored eight points off of the bench. He added a rebound and an assist
Stats to Know
- Tech shot 47.3% from the floor and 78.6% from the free-throw line
- The Scarlet Hawks nearly doubled-up the Archers in terms of rebounds, 43-22
- Tech scored 30 points in the paint to Moody Bible's 12
- The Scarlet Hawks will travel to Wisconsin and take on MSOE on Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m.