Posted: Jan 07, 2017
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Men's Basketball has its win streak snapped on Saturday afternoon, losing for the first time since November 30th. Illinois Tech (10-4) fell 83-71 at Coe College.
How it Happened
- Tech scored the game's first four points, but Coe was able to close the gap quickly. Coe held a slim advantage up until the the 7:50 mark when Samuel Rarick tied the game at 20-20 on a layup.
- Coe re-took the lead and built its largest lead of the half going into halftime, leading 32-26.
- Tech scored the first five points of the second half and trimmed the lead to three at the 17:40 mark on a basket from Anthony Mosley Jr.
- Coe, however, would take control, building a lead that reached as high as 18 with 2:49 left to play.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- For the third game in a row, Mosley Jr. played all 40 minutes. He scored 22 points to go along with seven assists on just two turnovers. The sophomore added six rebounds and three steals.
- Max Hisatake had a solid performance, scoring 14 points on 7-of-10 shooting to go along with six rebounds and three blocks.
- Rarick added 13 points with three steals.
Stats to Know
- Tech was outrebounded 41-38.
- Ball movement was key to Coe's success, as the Kohawks outdid Illinois Tech 19-10.
- Coe shot 46.2% compared to Tech's 42.9%.
- Tech plays Tuesday night at Carthage College. The game time is set for 7:00 p.m.