Posted: Apr 03, 2019
ELMHURST, Ill. – Illinois Tech's baseball team played a make-up game on Wednesday night at Elmhurst College. The Scarlet Hawks (6-10) fell to the Bluejays (8-10) by a score of 8-1.
- Tech: 1 run, 5 hits, 2 errors
- Elmhurst: 8 runs, 13 hits, 0 errors
How it Happened
- Wyatt Ronek was strong for the Scarlet Hawks in his three innings of work, allowing just two runs. However, the Scarlet Hawk offense was unable to support him early on, with its best chance to score ending on a play at the plate and a strong throw by left fielder Trey Compton.
- The Bluejays scored twice off of Ronek in three innings before opening up the game in the middle frames. Elmhurst's biggest inning was a three-run sixth, highlighted by an RBI single from Lorenzo Farino and a two-run homer from Chad Tucker.
- Tech was able to score its lone run in the ninth, driven by its freshman. After John Politis walked, Darius Jones knocked him in via a ground out.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Nick Bledsoe continues to swing a hot bat, going 2-for-3 at the plate with a walk.
- In just his third game, Jones continued to show value with an RBI.
- Zac Lis gave up just one run in two innings of work.
- Tech will play a doubleheader at Rockford University in Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) play on Saturday at noon.