CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's volleyball team hosted day one of the Scarlet Hawk Invite on Friday, taking on UC Clermont and Anderson University. The Scarlet Hawks defeated UCC 3-1 before falling against Anderson 3-0.
- Tech 3, UCC 1 (20-25, 25-16, 25-9, 25-12)
- AU 3, Tech 0, (22-25, 18-25, 15-25)
Scarlet Hawk Standouts – UCC Match
- Taylor Burton continued her impressive stretch of play with a .450 hit percentage, 11 kills, one solo block, and two block assists.
- Courtney Curcio was impressive in the back row with 24 digs and three service aces.
- Justine Bracco's steady improvement this season once again showed. She hit an impressive .412% to go along with nine kills.
- Sara Hassell led Tech with 16 kills to go along with 11 digs, two aces, and two total blocks (one solo, one assisted).
- Natalie Freund led the team with 25 assists while chipping in nine digs and two aces.
Stats to Know
- It was a balanced afternoon for the Scarlet Hawks, impressive offensively (.242%) and defensively (holding UCC to .017%).
- Tech outdug UCC an astounding 66-35.
- Kills were 52-23 in favor of the Scarlet Hawks.
- UC Clermont was able to hang around thanks to a strong service game, tallying 11 aces.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts – AU Match
- Hassell led the team with 17 kills while tallying nine digs.
- Burton had nine kills and a .231 hit percentage with four total blocks.
- Freund and Courtney Darlins had 14 assists each.
- Curcio paced Tech with 18 digs.
Stats to Know – AU Match
- Service Errors doomed the Scarlet Hawks, losing 10-0 in the category.
- Tech fell despite a strong defense up front, winning the block battle 12-6.
- Kills were even at 35.
- The Scarlet Hawk Invite resumes tomorrow. Tech will play its matches at 11:00 a.m. (Olivet College) and 1:00 p.m. (Albion College). Live audio, video, and stats will be available for all of Tech's Saturday contests. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.