CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's volleyball team hosted a Senior Day tri-match on Saturday with Great Lakes Christian College and Manchester University. The Scarlet Hawks downed GLCC in three sets before falling 3-0 against ManU. Tech is now 14-14 on the season.
- Tech 3, GLCC 0 (25-6, 25-4, 25-11)
- ManU 3, Tech 0 (28-26, 25-23, 25-21)
How it Happened - Great Lakes Christian match
- Tech began the set on a 7-0 run, capped off by four Jelena Vujicic service aces. Later in the set, the Hawks used a 13-0 run fueled by five Irena Grauzinis aces to win 25-6.
- Set two was just as impressive, as Tech started out on a 13-0 run and coasted to a 25-4 victory.
- After Tech started the third set on a 12-1 run, the Crusaders would narrow the gap. Tech was able to hold off a GLCC charge to win 25-11.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts - Great Lakes Christian match
- Grauzinis (12 kills, .529%, five aces) and Vujicic (11 kills, .500%, six aces) each enjoyed great success.
- Alyssa Miner tallied six aces while chipping in four kills on an .800 hitting percentage.
- Courtney Curcio added 32 assists.
Stats to Know - Great Lakes Christian match
- Tech hit .519% for the match, including figures of .733% in set one and .688% in set two.
- The Scarlet Hawks totaled 21 service aces.
- Tech totaled 28 digs compared to 10 for the Crusaders
How it Happened - Manchester match
- Manchester built a 12-7 lead in set run before a 5-0 Hawks run tied things up.After the Hawks too a 26-25 lead on an Alyssa Miner kill, ManU scored the final three points of the set to win.
- In set two, things were close once again. No team led by more than to points for the entire set, but Manchester once again prevailed 25-23.
- The third and final set saw ManU built a 10-4 lead. Tech hung around, but never fully recovered as Manchester won 25-21.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts- Manchester match
- Grauzinis talled 16 kills and two service aces, both leading the team.
- Taylor Burton added nine kills on a .429 hitting percentage and two blocks.
- Miner tallied nine kills of her own on a .389 hitting percentage to go along with four blocks.
- Courtney Darling tallied 36 assists
Stats to Know - Manchester match
- Attack numbers were almost even. Manchester had 45 kills and hit .243%. Tech totaled 42 kills and hit .205%.
- Manchester had 12 blocks compared to 10 for Tech.
- ManU totaled seven aces. Tech had 5.
- The Scarlet Hawks will play at Concordia-Chicago on Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m.