CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's track and field team competed at the University of Chicago for the Phoenix Invite on Saturday for the first meet of the 2018 season. Tech squared off against four other NCAA teams in the meet, placing fifth overall with 10 team points.
- Mminika Effiong won the Long Jump, coming in first of nine. The sophomore finished with a final jump of 5.08 meters
- Meredith O'Leary finished with a time of 8:33.90 in the Mile
- Freshman Zoey Krevitz finished 10th in the 400 Meter Dash (1:15.80) and finished 16th in the 800 Meter Run (3:28.82)
- In the 200 Meter Dash, Jodi Curtin finished with a time of 32.75
- Emma Farquharson had a toss of 7.78 meters in the Weight Throw and 7.30 meters in the Shot Put
- The Scarlet Hawks will travel to Bourbonnais, Ill. next week on January 20 and participate in the NAIA vs NCAA Challenge at Olivet Nazarene University.