CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's tennis team continued to climb the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) standings on Saturday with wins over two conference school. Tech (10-2, 6-2 NACC) defeated Lakeland University (4-5, 3-3 NACC) 9-0 in the morning before a 6-3 win over Marian University (8-6, 6-3 NACC) in the afternoon at XS Tennis.
The Day's Highlights
- Against Lakeland, the Scarlet Hawks dominated the Muskies in all aspects. This began in doubles, where the #1 (Weronika Halicka / Morgan Colbert) and #3 (Kaitlyn Graves / Allyson Trang) duos were both 9-0 winners.
- In singles against the Muskies, Halicka and Colbert were 6-0, 6-0 victors in the top two spots. In addition, Paulina Kulyavastev won 6-0, 6-0 in #6 singles.
- The Scarlet Hawks were tested against Marian, falling behind 2-1 after doubles. While the top duo of Halicka and Kylie Hance were 8-2 winners, Tech dropped #2 and #3 doubles in tight contests.
- Tech was able to recover in the singles portion against Marian, winning five of six. Halicka (#1), Colbert (#2), Graves (#3), Hance (#4), and Alison McKenny (#6) all recorded wins to push the Scarlet Hawks past the Sabres.
- Now all alone in third-place in the NACC, the Scarlet Hawks will host Aurora University on Friday at XS Tennis at 4:00 p.m.