LAKE FOREST, Ill. - For the second time in the last six days, an Illinois Tech athletics team competed at Lake Forest College. After women's volleyball defeated the Foresters on Tuesday, women's tennis opposed both the host LFC and Aurora University in the northern suburbs on Sunday. Tech fell 6-3 to Lake Forest in the morning before a 7-2 victory over AU in the afternoon.
How it Happened - Lake Forest Match
- Tech took one of the three doubles matches, as Weronika Halicka and Morgan Colbert won 8-1 as the top pairing.
- Halicka also was victorious 6-0, 6-1 in #1 singles.
- Colbert managed to win a tight, tiebreak match in #2 singles.
How it Happened - Aurora Match
- The Scarlet Hawks rolled the Spartans in doubles, as AU only managed to win two times while Tech took 24. It featured an 8-1 win by #1 Halicka and Colbert, an 8-0 victory by #2 Sophia Nelson and Jennifer Young, and an 8-1 win by #3 Allyson Trang and Paulina Kulyavstev.
- In singles, Halicka continued to dominate, winning 6-0, 6-0 in the #1 spot.
- Nelson won in #3 singles 6-1, 6-1 while Trang won 6-0, 6-1 in #4 singles.
- The Scarlet Hawks will play under the lights on Tuesday at one of the top teams in the region, UW-Whitewater. The match is set to begin at 6:30 p.m.