KOHLER, Wis. – The Illinois Tech women's tennis team traveled north to Lakeland University on Wednesday evening to oppose the host Muskies. In a match that featured some of Tech's student-athletes stepping up a position, the Scarlet Hawks rose to the occasion and defeated Lakeland 7-2.
How it Happened
- Morgan Colbert played out of the #1 singles spot for the first time this year. The freshman responded well, winning 6-0, 6-1.
- Likewise, Sophia Nelson played out of the #2 singles spot for the first time in her freshman season, winning 6-4, 6-4.
- Colbert and Nelson were paired up for #1 doubles for the first time this season as well, pulling out an 8-6 victory.
- #3 Jennifer Young (6-0, 6-0) and #4 Allyson Trang (6-3, 6-3) also won at a level up than usual.
- Trang and Paulina Kulyavstev (8-5) won in the #2 doubles match, while Young and Shailee Shah won 8-6 in #3 doubles.