CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's tennis team continued its outstanding start to the season on Monday afternoon. The first-year program spent its Labor Day in Beloit, Wisconsin, downing the Beloit College Buccaneers 9-0.
How it Happened
- The top doubles tandem of Weronika Halicka and Morgan Colbert remained unbeaten in doubles, winning 8-0. Both players were also fantastic in singles play, winning 6-0, 6-0 in the top two spots respectively.
- Jennifer Young and Allyson Trang won in the fourth and fifth singles spots 6-0, 6-1 and 6-1, 6-0.
- Young and Sophia Nelson won 8-6 as the second doubles tandem. In third doubles, Trang and Paulina Kulyavstev were dominant in an 8-1 win.
- Nelson won in the third singles spot 6-3, 6-3. Kulyavstev was victorious 7-5, 2-6, and 1-0 (6).
- The Scarlet Hawks will look to move to 5-1 on Thursday afternoon when the team travels to Concordia-Chicago. The match is set to begin at 4:00 p.m. in River Forest.