CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's tennis team played its first home matches in school history on Saturday, downing both North Park University and Wisconsin Lutheran College. The Vikings fell prey to the Scarlet Hawks in the morning 6-3, while the Warriors were defeated 8-1.
How it Happened – North Park Match
- Illinois Tech started the day by winning twice in doubles. The top tandem of Weronika Halicka and Morgan Colbert were dominant, rattling off eight straight wins after dropping the first game.
- The third doubles tandem of Allison Trang and Paulina Kulyastev worked well together to defeat the opponent 8-4.
- In singles, all of Tech's top four spots won. Halicka won 6-2, 6-0 in the first spot, Colbert won 6-2, 6-1 at number two, #3 Sophia Nelson won 6-1, 6-1, and #4 Jennifer Young defeated her opponent 6-4, 6-4.
How it Happened – Wisconsin Lutheran Match
- The Scarlet Hawks started strong, winning all three doubles matches. Halicka and Colbert were particularly impressive, winning 8-0.
- In singles, Halicka remained unbeaten against the Warriors, winning 6-0, 6-0 in the #1 spot.
- #2 Colbert and #3 Nelson won 6-1, 6-1.
- The Scarlet Hawks are back in action on Labor Day, traveling to Beloit College for a 4:00 p.m. match on Monday.