CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's swimming and diving team was back in action on Saturday for the second day of the University of Chicago Phoenix Fall Classic. With one day left to go, the Scarlet Hawks hold eight place in the 12-team meet with 129 total points.
- In the 200 Yard Medley Relay, Kristin Wills, Brigitte Temple, Briana Tyler, and Katherine Lydon combined for a 12th place finish (1:53.22).
- Lydon reached the finals in the 500 Yard Freestyle, placing ninth with a time of 5:11.55. Her time won the "B" Final heat by nearly 10 seconds and was a 14-second improvement from her preliminary time in the morning.
- Temple placed fifth in the 100 Yard Breaststroke at 1:07.92.
- In the 200 Yard Butterfly, Tyler placed 14th with a time of 2:15.91. She improved from her preliminary time by nearly three seconds.
- Lydon, Jamie Wurster, Temple, and Delaney Shepherd placed 12th in the 800 Yard Freestyle Relay with a time of 8:19.15.
- Women's swimming and diving will be right back at U Chicago on Sunday for the final day of the meet. Preliminaries will begin at 10:00 a.m., with the finals of the day's events taking place at 5:00 p.m.