Nov 04, 2017
DUBUQUE, Iowa. –Illinois Tech's women's swimming and diving team put together another strong performance on Saturday at Loras College. The Scarlet Hawks earned a 140-79 win in the dual, adding to its strong start to the season.
- The 400 Yard Medley Relay team of Kristin Wills, Brigitte Temple, Briana Tyler, and Jamie Wurster started the day off right, earning a victory with a 4:20.83 time. The group won by over seven seconds.
- Tech placed all top three swimmers in the 200 Yard Freestyle, as Katherine Lydon (2:03.13), Delaney Shepherd (2:13.23), and Emma Prager (2:14.09) dominated the event.
- In the 400 Yard Individual Medley, Temple earned victory with a 4:56.41 time, winning by over 15 seconds.
- Tyler earned a win in the 200 Yard Butterfly with a time of 2:23.93.
- Wurster placed first in the 100 Yard Freestyle (58.42s).
- Lydon took home a first-place finish in the 500 Yard Freestyle with a time of 5:31.08.
- The Scarlet Hawks also placed all top three swimmers in the 200 Yard Breaststroke, as Temple (2:33.40), Prager (2:43.88), and Milica Gvozdjan (2:48.16) occupied the top marks.
- To close the day out, Tyler, Christina Hiotaky, Tessa Skubal, and Lydon won the 400 Yard Freestyle Relay with a time of 3:59.39.
- On Saturday, November 11, the Scarlet Hawks will compete at Illinois Wesleyan against host IWU and Carthage.