ANDERSON, Ind. - The Scarlet Hawks women's swimming and diving team hit the road early Saturday morning, making the long trip to Anderson, Ind. to compete against top competitor Franklin University and host Anderson University. The Scarlet Hawks defeated Anderson (152-40) but fell short to Franklin (153-50).
- Katherine Lydon was strong in the 1000 Yard Freestyle, placing second with a time of 11:13.07.
- Jamie Wurster (third place, 26.19s) and Tessa Skubal (fourth place, 27.73s) turned in impressive 50 Yard Freestyle times. Wurster also placed third in the 100 Yard Backstroke at 1:07.56.
- Briana Tyler (2:22.86) and Brigitte Temple (2:24.85) both had strong swims in the 200 Yard IM, coming in third and fourth place. Tyler also finished strongly in the 100 Yard Butterfly, touching second with a time of 1:02.58. Temple finished steady, clinching third in the 100 Yard Breaststroke at 1:10.55.
- The Scarlet Hawks' 400 Yard Freestyle Relay (Wurster, Tyler, Christina Hiotaky, Lydon) swam 3:55.06, coming in second place and placing just six seconds behind Franklin.
- Next weekend, the Scarlet Hawks will host UW-Whitewater and Beloit College at Ecko Pool. The meet is expected to start at 1 pm. A live video stream will be available.