Feb 10, 2017
ELSAH, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's swimming and diving team had a strong showing on Friday at the Liberal Arts Championships at Principia College. Tech moved into third place after the third day of the meet.
- Tech earned two of the top three spots in the 400 Yard Individual Medley. Brigitte Temple won the event by just under six seconds with a time of 4:40.28. Kristin Wills placed third at 4:50.02.
- Lydon clinched the victory in the 200 Yard Freestyle with a school record time of 1:54.60. Delaney Shepherd placed 14th in the event with a time of 2:04.55.
- The 200 Yard Medley Relay team of Wills, Temple, Briana Tyler, and Jasmine Duke placed third with a time of 1:51.00, just narrowly missing the school record of 1:50.42.
- Temple followed up her 400 Yard Individual Medley win with a second place finish in the 100 Yard Breaststroke at 1:06.93, just .3 seconds off the school record. Both Emma Prager (10th place, 1:10.56) and Grace Wischmeyer (16th place, 1:14.09) qualified for the finals as well.
- Both Tyler (fifth place, 1:00.81) and Lavinia Santos (tied for 14th place, 1:06.35) reached the finals in the 100 Yard Butterfly.
- Duke, Shepherd, Wills, and Lydon combined for a fourth-place finish in the 800 Yard Freestyle Relay (8:09.93).
- Duke (12th place, 1:03.56) and Haley Slator (16th place, 1:06.51) qualified for the finals in the 100 Yard Backstroke.
- The LAC Championships conclude tomorrow with the 200 Yard Backstroke, 100 Yard Freestyle, 200 Yard Breaststroke, 200 Yard Butterfly, 400 Yard Freestyle Relay, 1 Meter Diving, and 1650 Yard Freestyle.