Feb 09, 2017
ELSAH, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's swimming and diving team competed in the second day of the Liberal Arts Championships on Thursday at Principia College. The Scarlet Hawks ended the day in fourth place out of 11 teams
- The 400 Yard Medley Relay team of Kristin Wills, Brigitte Temple, Briana Tyler, and Katherine Lydon topped the school record, placing second in the event with a time of 4:00.16 and breaking the previous record by over three seconds.
- Lydon placed second in the finals of the 500 Yard Freestyle (5:09.39). Delaney Shepherd finished 13th (5:27.88).
- Wills placed sixth in the final round of the 200 Yard Individual Medley (2:16.31) while Tyler placed seventh (2:16.61) and Emma Prager placed 11th (2:18.80).
- Jasmine Duke placed sixth in the 50 Yard Freestyle with a time of 25.39s.
- The 200 Yard Freestyle Relay of Jamie Wurster, Tyler, Duke, and Lydon placed fourth with a time of 1:41.87.
- The third day of the LAC Championships will take place on Friday with the 200 Yard Medley Relay, 400 Yard Individual Medley, 100 Yard Butterfly, 200 Yard Freestyle, 100 Yard Breaststroke, 100 Yard Backstroke, and 800 Yard Freestyle Relay events.