APPLETON, Wis. – The Illinois Tech women's swimming and diving team went into Saturday's dual meet looking to snap a two-year losing streak against Lawrence University. The Scarlet Hawks accomplished just that, defeating Lawrence 120-96 and building more momentum on an impressive 2016-17 season.
- Brigitte Temple enjoyed one of her best meets of the season. The junior won both the 500 Yard Freestyle (5:34.92) and 200 Yard Individual Medley (2:21.00). Finishing right behind her in the 200 Yard Individual Medley was Kristin Wills (2:21.54).
- Katherine Lydon continued her magnificent freshman season with two more individual wins. She won both the 100 Yard (56.55s) and 200 Yard Freestyle (2:00.76) races. The Missouri native also anchored the winning 400 Yard Freestyle Relay team, as Jasmine Duke, Jamie Wurster, Wills, and Lydon combined for a time of 3:50.89.
- Delaney Shepherd had a strong meet as well, placing second in the 1000 Yard Freestyle (11:44.48) and fourth in the 500 Yard Freestyle (5:41.32).
- Wurster followed Lydon in the 100 Yard Freestyle with a second-place time of 57.75s. In addition to being part of the 400 Yard Freestyle Relay team, Wurster also joined Wills, Temple, and Briana Tyler in the second-place 400 Yard Medley Relay team (4:18.67).
- Paige Mass (162.70), Elly Shin (154.45), and Christian Jones (153.00) placed first, second, and third in the 1 Meter Diving portion of the day.
Quote from Coach Griffin
- "This was a very special win for us, as we've fallen short in past years to Lawrence because of our depth. Our top-to-bottom speed in our lineup is better than its ever been, and this team is really coming together and should be a force at February's Liberal Arts Championship."
- Illinois Tech will host Carroll University on Saturday at Keating Sports Center's Ekco Pool. Meet time is set for 1:00 p.m. Live video of the meet will be streamed both on illinoistechathletics.com and Facebook Live.