CHICAGO, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech women's soccer team saw their season come to an end as the Scarlet Hawks fell in the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Semifinals to Milwaukee School of Engineering on Tuesday.
The Raiders (13-9) defeated the Scarlet Hawks (14-5-1), 2-1, at Stuart Field.
The match was delayed for 35 minutes for a storm delay at the 32nd minute.
How It Happened
- Shelby Namen put the Raiders on the scoreboard as she scored a goal in the 36th minute.
- Caeli Kennedy was able to respond right back for the Scarlet Hawks with her equalizer in the 37th minute with the assist from Jamie Griggs.
- Both teams were tied at 1 at the halftime break. Catherine Klemp had one save in the first half.
- For the second half, MSOE replaced goalies and it worked for their advantage.
- After the corner from Jeray Riffel, Nikki Ratts was able to head it in for a goal in the 69th minute.
- Illinois Tech had a couple of shots on goal but Allison Lessila stopped them and recorded two saves.
- The Scarlet Hawks had many corner kicks towards the end of the match but MSOE stood tall on defense and made sure Tech did not score.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- In her last match as a Scarlet Hawk, Katie Hoefgen picked up a shot.
- Catherine Klemp recorded two saves.
- Caeli Kennedy had a shot and it went in the back of the net.
Season In Review
- Illinois Tech women's soccer finished the year 14-5-1 overall and 9-2 in their first full season in the NACC. The Scarlet Hawks finished in second place in the conference.